Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February 24, 2009

First off, I forgot to mention yesterday that I won a free photo editing class on www.jessicasprague.com over the weekend. The class starts tonight, so I'm excited to have the opportunity to take it.

Jacob and Kendall had school this morning and I ran lots of errands: Kroger, Sherwin-Williams, Big Lots, and Wal-Mart. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I usually drive another neighbor boy, Frankie, to and from school. Today, he didn't come home for lunch with us like he usually does. Good thing! During lunch Kendall said something silly and Jacob replied, "What the h**l!" I asked him to repeat it and he said it again, plain as day. We had a conversation about the literal meaning of the word (which lead Jacob to tell me all about the devil which was also pretty interesting to hear) and how we don't use the word otherwise. He now knows he may say the word in the bathroom, but if I hear it, he'll have soap in the mouth.

We also talked about school at lunch. He forgot all about playing checkers and played basketball instead. He said he'll try checkers tomorrow. He also said he lead the Pledge of Allegiance, holding the flag, in class today and really liked that job. So, I recorded his rendition below.

The drywall was delivered to the basement today. It took two men 1.5 hours to carry it all. I'm so glad it wasn't Mark trying to handle that job himself. However, one of the men had muddy shoes and tracked mud through the house and down the carpeted stairs. I vacuumed the stairs, but they are now dirty in the middle. I guess I was going to have them cleaned anyway after all this "construction" is done. The actual drywall hangers will be here tomorrow. Until then...

2 comments:

Mommy of Three said...

I think I remember either Tyler or Kennedy doing the same thing. They had heard someone say it, and thought they would try it out. The good news....after having a discussion it didn't come up again!

johnsarakylenesmom said...

Well, that's sweeter than my 2 year old singing "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Grammie's got a gun. Shot the joker in the gut in 1991." Mom and I couldn't help but crack ourselves up over that...wonder where she learned that one, huh?