Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 21, 2009

Today was mega errand day. We returned carpet samples, Jacob got a hair cut, went to Michael's, stopped at Office Max, headed to Select Stone to get prices on landscape stone, went to the mall (got lunch), ran into neighbors who then followed us to Side Cut park to let the kids play together for a while. We were home in time for dinner!

While we were gallivanting around, I took pictures of the Southwyck Mall, now being demolished. It is a sad sight. This was THE place to go in our junior high, high school days. I remember Christine and I being dropped off by our moms or dads and allowed to spend unsupervised time there....very cool in the day! Later, I remember cruising on the weekends with Wendy and Kim J.

As I was taking the pictures, I also remembered they had asbestos issues, so I figured I better roll up the windows and move on, so as not to inhale too much demolition dust!

No comments: