Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 10, 2009

Jacob had his kindergarten screening first thing this morning at 8am. He said it was "super easy" (his words) and told me about what he had to do: hop on one foot, identify letters and their sounds, follow directions, sort shapes, draw shapes. He did say the he wants school to start NOW. He is very excited about school.

After the screening, we met Mom out at the Neowash house. They now have a For Sale sign out front and wanted me to take pictures for a sales brochure. Well, I took 53 of them (one at left)! I might go back this weekend for another round of exterior photos because it was a rainy day and the grass wasn't freshly mowed. The house sure does look good, though.

When we got home, I spent some time one-on-one with the kids: reading with Jacob and playing dollhouse with Kendall. After that hour or so, I spent 1.5 HOURS cleaning my laundry room!! That's how bad it was! I'm a slob at heart and it's the only room that really no one else uses but me, so I can make a mess and just close the door - it doesn't bother anyone. But, when it's so cluttered I couldn't throw the clothes easily from the washer to the dryer, I knew something had to be done. Now, its emptied out, everything's put away, and very, very clean. I can now leave the door open without embarrassment! :) Now, I need to try and keep it this way.

No comments: