Saturday, June 13, 2009

June 13, 2009

There was an all Ford national car show, swap meet, and drag races at the Milan (Michigan) Dragway. We piled in the car this morning and headed up. We were too early. Not many cars had arrived for the show and all the drag races were preliminary heats. As we left, around 12:30, people were pouring in. The kids enjoyed it. And, it was fun to see mostly Mustangs drag racing.

We came home....Mark worked on his woodwork staining, I vacuumed what I didn't get done yesterday and played Candy Land with Kendall. Then, we piled back in the car and went to the nearby Fallen Timbers mall which was hosting their monthly car show, with bands and other entertainment. The weather had a hint of rain, so the turn out wasn't so great. We came home and had a quick dinner.

I finished up my first week of running on a sour note. I couldn't complete my run tonight. My legs were in knots - the more I ran, the more pain. I did walk all of my route but am bummed I couldn't run it. Next week, I ramp up my running time, so I hope my legs can recover quickly!

No comments: